Friday 8 May 2009

Evaluation



Working on this professional practise module was a very exciting thing. Though I did not get up and running with my blog at the start but as soon I got the hangs of it, it was really fun. The module afforded me the chance to look into design form a very broad perspective. Not only limited to work in motion graphics but also looking at graphic design, photography, and illustration. It also made me appreciate a lot of the big design blogs around. How much effort and time is put together to get such rich contents that grace their sites.

The general operations and logistic of the blog reminds me of creating a web page. Though i don’t do the codes but it was fun to link still images and link to a website from my blog to other sites but would have preferred it if they had a setting that will not allow the new site load over my blog. Like a load in another window option that happened by default without right clicking to choose that option.

The contact report, though challenging for me, I was happy to have been able to get to physical portfolio crit (Michael Tabner and Richard Malcolm) and some verbal and online feed back and advice from my vimeo page. I think I will really like to revisit this blog and those of my class mate as the bulk of work I had to do during the session did not afford me the time to really look into all their blog but they all had very interesting stuff I’ll want to catch up on on my own personal time to expound my personal research base.

For the blog, I think what limited my research was that I was taking a lot of time and putting a lot of details to each post. Talking about a particular piece of work, the company responsible, looking at other works and in some cases comparing them. which took a lot of time. As what I found out later in this module and from researching into other blogs, they mostly keep it short and simple. Just talk about a particular piece of work and then give a link to the web address. Though I still feel that quick brief description of a piece of work without further investigation into the company may not have met the criteria for this module.

I did make some interesting finding and connections with designers, their work and processes during this module and I hope to further investigate and look into other design blog as I find that it is a quick, effective and relevant way to keep tabs with present goings in the design industry.

No comments: